- 01.01.2023 - 31.12.2023
An exquisite ride
Are you ready to ride through the beautiful Maggia delta area and find out about what is grown here? After meeting in Locarno, where the guide will hand over the e-bikes and helmets, we will begin our tour of discovery of Locarno and the River Maggia. Our ride will take us to the Terreni alla Maggia winery for a wine tasting session and to learn about agriculture at the lowest point in Switzerland (193 m a.s.l.), as well as the northernmost rice field on the planet (or almost). In this special place, the farm’s 150 hectares of integrated and sustainably farmed land fit easily into one of the country’s most beautiful natural landscapes. What’s more, Terreni alla Maggia has been selected by Gault&Millau as one of Switzerland’s top 150 wine producers. We then make our way to the beautiful and exclusive town of Ascona, where we will enjoy a short walk and have time for a snack and a drink by the lake.
Recommended clothing: comfortable clothes and shoes, sunscreen and headwear in summer.
Included in the price: bilingual Swisscycling-certified guide, e-bike hire, helmet, farm tour and tasting of 3 wines at the Terreni alla Maggia winery, gift from local producer, visit to Ascona.
Wheelchair accessibility: no.
The programme may be subject to slight changes for organisational reasons.
- WEEKDAYS: Monday to Sunday
September 6, 20
Other dates upon request
- AVAILABILITY: Year-round by reservation
- DURATION: From 1:15 p.m. to 5:15 p.m – Other times upon request
- LANGUAGES: I - D - F - E - S - P
- PARTICIPANTS: Max. 20 participants
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- METHOD OF TRANSPORT: E-bike
From CHF 160 per person
- PRENOTAZIONE: email@example.com
Plan for the day
- 14.30 ca.
- Arrival at Terreni alla Maggia farm
- Arrival in Ascona
- Return by e-bike to Locarno
- Hand back the e-bikes
Guide meeting point
- SBB Locarno station car park, on the mountain side, near platform 3